WIC Services

WIC-Growing Healthy FamiliesIf you are pregnant, or have just had a baby, or have a child under the age of 5, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) could be able to help you.

What is WIC?

WIC provides nutrition education and healthy foods to:
  1. Women-who are pregnant, who are breastfeeding their babies, or who have given birth in the last six months.
  2. Infants-newborn to 12 months
  3. Children-age 1 to 5 years

How do you get WIC?

Contact the WIC Program in your area or your county health department to see if you qualify. Staff will:
- Ask your identity and residence. You will be asked to show ID and proof of where you live.
- Ask your household income to see if you meet income guidelines. You will meet these if you show proof of any of these:
  1. You receive KTAP, Food Stamps, or Medicaid, or
  2. A pregnant woman or infant in your household receives Medicaid, or
  3. A member of your household receives KTAP, or
  4. Your household income is at or below 185% of poverty.

What will you receive?

Healthy Foods - Foods you or your children may receive are:
  1. Infant formula if under age 1
  2. Milk and Cheese
  3. Vitamin C-rich juices
  4. Iron-rich cereals
  5. Eggs
  6. Dried bean or Peanut Butter
Nutrition Education - You will also get nutrition information to help you choose nutritous foods and improve your and your family's health.
Health Care
- WIC can help you find regular health care and childhood shots if needed.

Why is WIC important?

  1. Healthy foods help children grow and develop normally.
  2. Good nutrition helps to protect your whole family against health problems.
  3. WIC helps your community by building strong, healthy families.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Updated 11/16/2020

Click here to read in Spanish