The Bullitt County Health Department’s Preparedness mission is to assure that if a large scale emergency occurs, the health of the community will be addressed. To accomplish this goal all preparedness work functions involve:
- Collaboration with internal and external partners to protect the health of the Bullitt County community in emergencies;
- Establishing baseline response expectations and reporting mechanisms to assure response readiness;
- Measuring and evaluating response and recovery effectiveness;
- Assuring capacity to manage communication before, during, and after a health emergency;
- Planning, implementing, and managing programs that include training and exercises to enhance the efforts of BCHD staff to respond in times of need; and
- Developing and managing systems to support the effective use of BCHD staff and health volunteers during emergency scenarios.